Thursday 29 March 2012

Pikey Pikey, a Thirty Years War Paintlog#1

This is a clever idea, my dear. Beware your foot doesn't fall off.










Just because I couldn't resist them, while watching my lead hill, I've started my French Thirty Years War army. There, I said it. I'll have to paint quite a lot of troups so I've decided to base them all first, and then we'll see what happens. The minis are from Old Glory, and the overall look is okay. They're quite tall, and you have to drill the hands, for you can't beat their price. I bought them from the USA with an equivalent of 20% less than Essex, postage included. They were delivered one week after the order.





Bon, j'ai fini par craquer, et j'ai commence mon armee francaise guerre de Trente Ans. Comme j'ai pas mal de troupes a peindre, je vais me la jouer industriel, et j'ai tout socle d'abord, on verra bien apres. Les figs sont des Old Glory, et le rapport qualite/prix est absolument imbattable. Je vais vous tenir au courant de la suite de la peinture. Tata.

4 comments:

  1. Blimey? Doesn't that make them hard to paint, pre-basing them??

    ReplyDelete
  2. En tout cas une période magnifique...bonne chance pour la suite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of the Old Glory 15's. I find the sculpts themselves to be perfectly adequate (none of the medievals I've gotten have had the "too tall" issue), and as you say you can't beat the price.

    ReplyDelete